These brownies were not my favorite. I think that they are too sweet and too dense for such a small bite. I wish that they had more flavors rather than just chocolate. It would be great if instead of using a cake comb to decorate the top, each individual brownie was decorated.
Yield: one half sheet tray
12 oz unsalted butter
1 lb 8 oz granulated sugar
3/4 oz vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5.14 oz cake flour
4.5 oz bread flour
1 lb 2 oz chopped chocolate
6 oz finely chopped walnuts
- Toast walnuts and let cool.
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Just combine.
- Melt the butter and then stream it into the sugar mixture.
- Sift the dry ingredients and fold into the sugar mixture.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate.
- Grease a half sheet tray and cover with parchment paper and then grease again.
- Pour mixture into the tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake the half sheet on a full sheet.
- Bake in a 325F oven until the center of the brownies is just about to be done, but is still moist to the touch. It takes about 20 minutes.
- Cool, depan, cover in ganache, and chill before cutting.
Ganache: Yield: 498g or ~ 17.6 oz
230g 58% chocolate
175g heavy cream
38g invert sugar
55g unsalted butter
- Boil cream and sugar together.
- Pour over chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for three minutes.
- Cool to 95F and then add the butter.
- Spread onto the chilled brownies and use a cake comb to make a design with the ganache.
- Chill and then cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.