I really like these cookies even though I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal raisin cookies. They were very chewy and thin. They’re very different from the ones that I make. My cookies are cakey and fluffy. I wish that this recipe had more spices and maybe some orange zest. I would have used dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar because it gives the cookie a nuttier flour.
Yield: 1000g or ~ 24 cookies
158g all purpose flour
5.5 g cinnamon
8.14 g baking soda
3.96 g kosher salt
154 g light brown sugar
76 g granulated sugar
170.5 g room temperature, unsalted butter
70.4 g eggs
3.3 g vanilla extract
172 g old fashion oats
172 g raisins (plumped in hot water)
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and sift in the cinnamon and baking soda.
- Cream the butter in a mixer until pliable.
- Add the sugars to the butter and cream together for three to four minutes until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla on low speed. Make sure to incorporate a little bit at a time.
- Add the oats and pulse together.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Scoop onto a full sheet tray lined with parchment paper with a #30 scoop.
- Bake for 12 minutes in a 325F oven.