I love these cookies. The dough is great and it has a super strong hazelnut flavor. They’re like mini linzer tortes minus the frangipane. These cookies were so much fun to put together and look very good. The raspberry jam balances out the flavor of the cookies. Anything with raspberry is always great.
264g room temperature, unsalted butter
190g granulated sugar
4g vanilla extract
318g cake flour
5g baking powder
127g hazelnut flour
36g cake crumbs
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the cake flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Stir in the hazelnut flour and the cake crumbs.
- Weigh out 500g disks of dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Roll out to 1/8 inch.
- Cut out shapes.
- Cut a small hole out of the top cookie.
- Bake in a 350F for about 10 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Match cookies up, flip over bottom cookie, and dust the top cookie with powdered sugar.
- Pipe raspberry jam in the center of the bottom cookie.
- Place top cookie on top.