I really liked the strong almond flavor of these cookies. I think that could have used some vanilla extract and lemon zest just to make them a little bit more flavorful. The raspberry jam gave the cookies a little bit more flavor and sweetness. The jam will also soften the cookies over time. Overall, I like these cookies and would make them again.
Yield: 25.2 oz
10 oz almond flour
9 1/2 oz granulated sugar
1/4 oz corn syrup
5 oz egg whites
- Paddle all of the ingredients together in a mixer with a paddle.
- Pipe into ’S’ shapes with a #821 star tip.
- Bake in a 350F for about 10 minutes until golden brown. It should be darker than you think it should be.
- Match together and fill with raspberry jam.
- Sandwich together.
- Dust top with powdered sugar.